ZEALANDIA by Night
After your guide shows you the highlights of our interactive exhibition, you will walk through the gates of our predator exclusion fence and hear the evening birdsong that has been absent on mainland New Zealand for more than a century.
Explore the valley by torchlight as your guide leads you in search of some of the more distinctive sights and sounds of New Zealand’s native forest.
|ZEALANDIA by Night tours run on:|
1 Nov – 31 Mar
1 Apr – 31 Oct
*call the team on (04) 920 9213 to ask about Mon Tues & Wed tours.
You can book online securely with a Visa or Mastercard. Please make sure you have read the What You Need to Know section below.
All prices displayed are in New Zealand dollars and include GST, fees and charges, unless otherwise stated. If you are using a non-New Zealand credit card then you will be billed by your credit card provider at the international exchange rate at the time of processing.
What You Need to Know
- The tour runs for approx. 2.5 hours
- Tours depart approx. 30 minutes before sunset. You’ll see your tours start time upon booking
- The minimum age for ZEALANDIA by Night is 12 years
- There is a maximum of 12 people per tour (no minimum)
- All tours go rain or shine, so please dress to the conditions. Wear sturdy footwear, plenty of layers and a waterproof jacket
- Tour follows sealed and unsealed path, and may include steps and gentle slopes.
- Torches are provided. They have a red filter so they won’t disturb wildlife or affect your night vision.
- If you require transport following the tour, please let your guide know. They can either arrange a taxi or direct you to nearby public transport.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time within ZEALANDIA.
What you might encounter